Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So...I"m on crutches....

So, I've been hobbling around on crutches since Saturday. I have a follow up appointment with an orthopedic doc on Friday. But I've already begun testing out my left foot and ankle. It's already getting old, and little Chalupa has little patience with me hopping on my crutches behind her while I take her out for very short little walks in the mornings and afternoons. I'm a little skeptical of the doctor's appt on Friday too. I've had more than a few sprained ankles in my day....I ran (more like jogged) track in high school and we used to run the trails and they would always be semi covered with leaves which always covered up small holes and inevitably I'd get my foot stuck in one and bam! a sprained ankle. They were fairly common in highschool and my coach would wrap it up, and I'd hobble around on it. No crutches though, I just made do. Then in college I had a horrible fall and almost fractured my ankle and it was the worst I had ever seen it, then they gave me crutches and I was on them for most of the summer. But even back then I don't remember a second doctor visit. So, any "follow-up" treatment is foreign to me, but whatever I'll go and pay my co-pay and see if it's worth it. The swelling has gone down quite a bit, and seems to be approaching normal ankle size. So, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for good news on Friday. I'm already stir crazy and I've been out for dinner these last two nights...and I made a trip to the bank and to vote yesterday! The worst part is carrying food from the kitchen to the living room to eat, I usually just tuck my right crutch under my arm and swing it forward, while I carefully carry a plate in my right hand, but it makes my armpits pretty sore. I'm pretty hungry right now...so I guess I'll have to order something in...ummm.. decisions decisions.

No comments: