Friday, April 24, 2009

Maxie's Grill





Last night we decided to try Maxie's Grill, the little off-shoot from the very nice Angelo and Maxie's restaurant. And we were very happy with our decision. I am recovering from pulling a muscle or two in my neck or shoulder...it seems to happen after I take pilates on Wednesdays...I must be doing something wrong. Anyway, I was still in a moderate to severe pain on Thursday when we decided to go, and the place was so much that it made me forget my neck pain...at least for a while. The complimentary hand-made potato chips were nicely seasoned and pretty crisp. And I also ordered the wings...which I don't think I'll do again (too soggy)...and the small Cesar salad...which was great. John ordered the Sirloin and the side order of Southern Fried Pickles...and he was happy as a clam. One day we'll have to make it to happy hour...from 4 to 6pm they have free (!) sliders. And on Monday nights they have a special for a draft beer and a burger for $10.95 sounds tasty. Angelo and Maxie's is a great place but it's a bit expensive, I like the vibe at the Grill and the service was great, and the prices are very reasonable.

No comments: