Sunday, May 3, 2009

Is that a baguette in your pocket...


On Friday I was heading out to meet a friend for dinner and I noticed a guy wearing a bright orange shirt with big bold lettering that read "Sullivan Street Bakery." This immediately brought back memories, I have actually never set foot in this place but many moons ago at an outdoor bbq party someone brought delicious hand pulled bread and it was from a magical place called "Sullivan Street Bakery." So, you can understand my interest in this guy with the bright orange shirt and SSB baseball cap on ...as we crossed paths I could see he was carrying something big that was wrapped in light brown SSB paper. And I couldn't help myself I was ogling that bag trying to guess what it was, thoughts were racing through my head..."wow, SSB delivers...I didn't know that...that bread was so delicious...I have to look them up and go there...what's in the bag,...and some lucky someone's getting a nice delivery from them." Before I realized it I was face to face with the guy for a split second and he looked me in the eye and said, "Hi...your gorgeous." I smiled and laughed to myself as I kept walking...with the realization just beginning to creep in that guy thought I was ogling him and not his baked goods. poor fool. This guy thought I was all into him and me, I was lusting after the carbs. It was an honest mistake, after all I did spot him from across the street and I couldn't help but stare. Oh well, no harm no foul. Anyway, I think maybe I'll try to head over to the Sullivan Street Bakery and see if they live up to my expectations/memories. If it's anything like I remember I won't be disappointed.

No comments: